SmartStation™ PD Series
Pressure Decay – Overview
The SmartStation™ PD, PDC, and PDPlus models all employ the Pressure Decay method for leak detection. All models are PC controlled with a front panel mounted flat display (touch screen optional) and keyboard/mouse arrangement which stores conveniently beneath the cabinet.
The SmartStation™ PD models offer Pressure Decay Testing with fine control over system operating parameters (sequence times), a status screen that shows test progress and prompts the operator as needed, a System Schematic screen that allows test tracking and control, and a real time plot of Pressure vs Time.
The SmartStation™ PDC models add the ability to charge the product being tested with helium in preparation for a Sniff Test. The charge portion of the cycle is initiated only after a Pressure Decay Test has been passed. The unit charges helium on top of the residual atmospheric pressure gas remaining in the system when the test piece has been vented after completion of a pressure decay test.
The SmartStation™ PDPLUS models add a vacuum pump to allow the product to be evacuated both before helium charging and after Sniffer Testing. (Sniffer Test to be completed using a separate tester, such as the SmartStation™ HS). On this model it is possible to add a recovery valve allowing recovery of the expensive helium test gas with a separate recovery system.
VTI’s attention to detail insures optimum performance of valves and pumps and applies the correct filtration needed for continuous operation on the production line. SmartStation™ products also allow for product integration into the ‘test network’ with sequential test interlocking, or the ‘Plant Management System’ with product bar code scanning, test result registration, and product tracking.
These advantages ideally equip the SmartStation™ for a multitude of uses including:
- Air Conditioning Manufacturing
- Refrigeration Manufacturing
- Automotive Manufacturing
- Research and Development
- General Leak Checking
The ‘Real World’ concerns itself not with the best possible specification that can be achieved with meticulous care and attention, but with how the system performs on a day-in-day-out basis. Factors such as response time, simple operation, reliability of result, “Up-Time,” and field maintainability are all as critical as the ultimate detection limits of a given system.
VTI addresses these needs with a comprehensive approach to individual component specifications, systems operation and integration features, and system support and maintainability.
To discover more about the philosophy behind the SmartStation™ series, visit our Leak Test Files pages where these key issues are individually discussed.
All PD Series (PD, PDC, and PDPlus):
- System Control: PC Data collection and control
- Operator Interface: PC, Panel Display, Keyboard, Bar Code Scanner
- Pressure Transducer: System can be built to 25, 100, 500 and 1000 psi specifications
- Valves: Pneumatically controlled bellows sealed valves – commensurate with pressure range
- Data-Logging Software: the PC, allows product serial numbers and test results to be logged along with operator information and date/time stamp. (Talk to VTI about integration of this product with your Plant Wide Information Management System)
- Evacuation Pump: (PDPlus only) 3 CFM oil-less vacuum mechanical pump with 9 Torr ultimate pressure capability
- Touch Screen: (Optional) A simple operator window provides all the controls needed for daily operation.
- Recovery Valve: (Optional) Allows connection of a PDPlus to a recovery system
- PD, PDC and PDPlus – Regular flow models (-41C- and -42C-) – 20″W x 23″D x 43″H
- PD, PDC and PDPlus – High Flow models (-81C- and -82C-) – 20″W x 23″D x 43″H